Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So, you want to be a sportswriter...

I am sharing this link....



So, you want to be a sportswriter …

Shelby Strother / The Detroit News

The letter was handwritten, more polite than most, and it began: “Sir, I am interested in becoming a sportswriter and would like any suggestions you might offer to help me …”

What are you, nuts?

Hunter S. Thompson, whose doctorate in gonzo shields the fact he once made a living writing about sports, has said, “Sportswriters are a kind of rude and brainwashed subculture of fascist drunks whose only real function is to publicize and sell whatever the sports editor sends them out to cover.”



More

Dean Jackson's Facebook profile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of thing I try to teach people. Can I expect a sequel?

Anonymous said...

Continue the superb content, inserted to my personal safari rss.