Thursday, August 31, 2006

DEAN JACKSON, TV SPORTSCASTER - Coming to a TV near you

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 - BROADCAST UPDATE - Well! I survived my first television broadcast. I gotta admit it was a lot of fun and lot more fun then I ever dreamed. After more than a dozen years in radio, it finally happened. Hidden earpieces, directors talking in ear, instant replays, last second production audibles, lots of filling, lots of thinking on my fee, my mug on camera, a couple re-takes, lots of hurry up and wait. I can't wait for my next assignment. Friends who watched were impressed, the crew seemed surprised I'd never done tv.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 31 - FRANKFORT, Ind-
Frankfort vs. Crawfordsville, Indiana High School football.
About this time tomorrow night I'll be wrapping up my first true television sports broadcast. Not bad for a guy just about three weeks ago had shaved his head on a whim. We'll its grown back and it should look okay. Give me a couple days and I could be challenging Sampson. It's really funny. I had no tape, and I never sent them a resume. I think I simply emailed. Well, should be fun. Have checked in with everyone from the executive produce to the director, to my color commentator, well both of them, one backed out Tuesday. Right now - one eye is on the tv, one eye is on the game notes and research that i've been studying all week.


No comments: